Chicken & Bacon Spaghetti Pizza
Best paired with Due Amici Marinara Sauce
Can’t decide if you want pasta or pizza? Now you can have both! This chicken, bacon, Swiss spaghetti “pizza” is made with a spaghetti crust and is topped with chicken, bacon, and Swiss to make for a savory treat.
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces Due Amici Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and return to warm pot.
- Stir in eggs, cheese and butter until combined.
- Press mixture into greased pizza pan to form an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon pieces and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon pieces from the pan and set aside.
- Keeping the bacon fat in the pan, add chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook until translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms in a single layer to pan and cook until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Spoon marinara sauce into middle of crust and spread into an even layer leaving a 1″ border along the outside edge.
- Arrange chicken into a single layer on marinara sauce, followed by the onion, mushrooms and bacon.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into wedges and serve.