Best paired with Due Amici’s Pizza Sauce
Due Amici’s take on the classic Meat Lovers Pizza using our mouth-wateringly good Pizza Sauce.
- Click here for pizza dough recipe
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) Due Amici Pizza sauce
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets or 12-inch pizza pans with additional oil.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Divide dough in half.
- With floured fingers, pat each half into 11-inch round on cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough rounds.
- Top each with sausage mixture, bell pepper, olives, pepperoni and cheese
- Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly (approx. 15 to 20 minutes)