Best paired with Due Amici Tomato Sauce
A lasagna is one of the most comforting foods to ever grace the Earth. This recipe is to die for!
- 1/2 lb dry lasagna noodles (9 lasagna noodles – unbroken)
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 lb Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced
- 1/4 lb freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- Due Amici Tomato Sauce
- Put a large pot of salted water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water) on the stovetop on high heat.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until it is lightly browned on all sides.
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the diced bell pepper and onions to skillet.
- Cook until the onions are translucent and the peppers softened (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Add the minced garlic and cook half a minute more.
- Return the browned ground beef to the pan. Stir to combine, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add Due Amici Tomato Sauce to the beef and vegetable mixture
- Add the dry lasagna noodles and cook then per package directions. Stir often to prevent from sticking.
- When ready, drain in a colander and rinse with cool water, gently separating any noodles that may be sticking together.
- Spread a little olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet, and lay out the cooked noodles, turning them over so that they get coated with a little of the olive oil.
- In a 13x9x2-inch casserole or lasagna dish, ladle a cup of sauce and spread it over the bottom of the dish. Arrange one layer of lasagna noodles lengthwise (about 3 long noodles, edge may overlap, depending on your pan) over the sauce.
- Ladle a third of the remaining sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle a layer of a third of the grated mozzarella on top of lasagna sauce.
- Add half of the ricotta cheese, by placing cheese dollops every couple inches.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese evenly over the top of ricotta cheese.
- Apply second layer of noodles, top it with half of the remaining sauce.
- Add half of the remaining Mozzarella, the remaining ricotta cheese, and another thin sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Finish with another layer of noodles.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the top layer of noodles and sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Tent the lasagna pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.