Spaghetti & Giant Meatball
Best paired with Due Amici Marinara Sauce
A fun spin on the classic spaghetti and meatballs! Instead of having multiple smaller meatballs, this dish has one LARGE meatball that sits in a crater of pasta. Top it with some Due Amici Marinara and you’re in for a treat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- olive oil for browning
- 1 jar of Due Amici Marinara Sauce
- Cooked spaghetti
- Set oven to 350F
- Put all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Break up the meat and mix everything together with your fingertips, making sure to distribute everything evenly, without compacting the meat too much.
- Form the mixture into two large meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet until hot, and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- To finish cooking the meatballs, put them in a small oven safe pot and cover with the marinara sauce. Cover loosely with foil and bake until the meat is cooked through (approx.30-40 minutes).
- Serve over spaghetti, garnished with Parmesan cheese